I Googled Instagram and learned a few facts from BuzzFeed:
- Instagram was founded in 2010 by two Stanford graduates, Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger.
- As of 2014, 16 billion photos have been uploaded on Instagram.
- The U.S., Japan, and Brazil have the most users.
- Justin Bieber is the most followed person on Instagram.
- Facebook purchased Instagram in 2012 for $1 billion in cash and stocks.
Please help me to congratulate Mary from Bookfan, the winner of the $25 Amazon gift card. Congratulations, Mary! Mary mentioned that she'd look for some older books still in print by Liza Palmer (an author I'm now interested in) if she won the gift card. $25 is not a great deal of money to spend on books, but you can often find good deals on new and used books on Amazon.
If you didn't win this time, don't be discouraged! I have other giveaways listed on the right side of my blog, and I host new giveaways frequently. My followers each get an extra entry in my giveaways if they mention their status in the comments. :)
Appearing on random Tuesdays, Really Random Tuesday is a way to post odds and ends--announcements, musings, quotes, photos--any blogging and book-related things you can think of. I often announce my book giveaway winners in these posts. If you have miscellaneous book news to gather up and are inspired by this idea, "grab" the button for use on your own blog, and add your link to the "master" Mister Linky on the Really Random Tuesday page.
Have a terrific Tuesday! Your comments are always welcomed.