Drum roll, please . . .
Help me to congratulate Anna from Diary of an Eccentric, the lucky winner of a two book set by Allan Richard Shickman, Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure and Zan-Gah and the Beautiful Country. These exciting books will be sent to you soon, Anna, compliments of Earthshaker Books.
In honor of Bibliomania Day, which is celebrated each March 20, Veens from Giving. . . Reading A - Chance!!! tagged me for this meme about books.
- Are there any books you would like to beg, borrow, or steal? Ha, ha, ha, great question! No, I'm neither desperate, nor afflicted by bibliokleptomania like Stephen Blumberg. And I get so many free books as a book blogger. :)
- Are you addicted to trips to Borders or the public library? We have a Barnes & Noble nearby that I visit often. But now that I am getting so many books in the mail I don't go as often as I used to. As for the library, I used to go every week when my kids were younger, but now I go only once in a while.
- Do you have a way to remember what books you have read? My blog definitely helps me to keep track of the books I read, to remember themes and some details.
- When did your love of books begin? Very early in childhood I learned to associate books and reading with warmth and security. My mother would gather her four daughters and read us stories from Winnie the Pooh and Little Bear.
- What is your favorite book? That is an impossible question for me. I don't have a single favorite, but many favorites, and they tend to be novels.
- Do you still have in your possession a book borrowed, but not returned to its rightful owner? True confession time. Yes, I believe never returned an older paperback novel by Ann Rice, Cry to Heaven, which a friend lent me over a decade ago. I'm not sure where it is. I may have even donated it to the library or a thrift shop by mistake.
- What's the most in library fines you have owed? Not very much, a couple of dollars at the most is the largest fine I've paid for overdue books. Even the smallest fine makes me feel guilty. I just read in the newspaper that a book was returned to a British library after 45 years; the librarian said that the person who sent it back "need not worry about a hefty fine".
- Do you loan books out to others? Yes, especially now that my book shelves are overflowing--one of the benefits of being a book blogger! But I never insist that someone else read a book I recommend. That would be obnoxious.